What to Do with the Leftover Easter Chocolate?
Check this recipe from Proper Tasty: Leftover Easter Chocolate Tart
Chocolate Filling 250 grams leftover Easter chocolate
200 grams butter
3 egg yolks
50 grams sugar
100 grams plain flour
1 pre-baked tart shell, 25 cm / 9 in
6 egg whites
300 grams caster sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon wine vinegar
100 grams cocoa powder
1. Pre-heat the oven to 150°C/300°F.
2. Gently melt the chocolate and butter together over a bain-marie.
3. Once combined, take off the heat.
4. Stir in the eggs, egg yolks and sugar.
5. Fold in the flour.
6. Pour into the tart shell.
7. Bake for 15 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, prepare the meringue by whisking the egg whites with an electric hand whisk.
9. Once foamy, gradually add in the sugar, followed by the vanilla and vinegar.
10. Whisk until stiff peaks form.
11. Gently fold in the cocoa powder.
12. Spoon on top of the chocolate tart.
13. Bake for 30 minutes.
14. Cut into slices and serve.